Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Windows Movie Maker, Memes

Subject
Tuesday Tic Tip
From
CJ Mcdonald
To
ORALL; EX All
Sent
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:37 AM

It’s that time of the week again…

Please remember, if you are interested in using technology in ANY lesson, even if it’s to show off, let me know!  I’ll meet with you when you are available or I’ll stop by during class just to check it out!

Quite a few people have contacted me about students/teachers shooting and editing a video.  The best video cameras we have available are the phones in students’ pockets.  Probably the best video editor that we all have available is Windows Movie Maker.  We have it on all PCs in the district.  HERE is an example of a video I made with it.  HERE is another.

The video tutorial can be found HERE (you can use THIS if you’d prefer a written one), and I am available to help anyone who wants to make a video or have their students make one.

I think kids would get a kick out of creating memes too…HERE is an easy site to use.  Go to THIS SITE for ideas on how to use memes.  I would probably use them as class rules or some quick formative assessment.

Here is are a couple examples:




 CJ McDonald
Linn-Mar Community School District
Middle School Technology Integration Coach
(319) 892-4856
LM TICs Website: http://ow.ly/AxFhK


No comments:

Post a Comment